New Guidelines for Covid -19 related to Spa City Cello Studio
The Spa City Cello studio will be following the CDC guidelines. In addition here are some extra’s that will help as students enter and exit the studio.
As you arrive for your lesson make sure the student before you has exited the studio and is in their car before entering the studio.
Please wear your mask if you are unvaccinated, as you enter the studio and unpack your instrument and adjust the height of the chair for you. You are welcome to bring your own chair with already adjusted height.
Please bring your own pencil and notebook to take notes during the lesson or to mark your music.
If you are feeling sick please text me even if it’s right before your lesson and we can hop on Zoom instead of having an in person lesson. I would rather you be on the cautious side!
The primary goal of this studio is to create a community for parents and students to enjoy the process of learning how to play the cello. It is my passion to help students learn the joy of music in a nurturing environment. I teach the Suzuki Method. Dr. Suzuki believed that every child can learn to play a musical instrument through patience, repetition and kindness. I believe that every child and adult can learn to play a musical instrument though patience, repetition and kindness.
When students enroll, they are reserving their placement in my studio. Tuition is charged by the month, payable in advance. Please understand that the tuition you pay reserves a weekly time in the schedule for you. I have reserved this time for you.(This being said there will be an understanding for special circumstances that life brings our families, both Demetria and the student will have some flexibility).
Tuition is non-refundable. As with University tuition, camps, or Sports, tuition is payable whether the student attends or not.
- Students are expected to attend lessons on their allotted day of the week and time.
- Please arrive on time or a few minutes before your lesson begins.
- Enter through the front door, remove your coat, shoes/boots, etc. and prepare yourself and your instrument for your lesson.
- Parents should accompany young children to their lessons. Siblings are welcome on the premises; please bring a constructive quiet activity to keep them occupied.
Cancellations and rescheduling
Missed Lessons -There are no makeup lesson times.
- The monthly payment covers your reserved time for the year.
- If student cannot attend a lesson, you may switch with other student if you can work out the arrangement. Please visit the Roster page to e-mail another student.This page is password protected if you forget password just e-mail me. email@example.com
- Please notify the instructor as soon as possible of any changes in schedule.
- No adjustments or deductions will be made in the monthly payments for a missed lesson.
- Lessons are not transferable
- Demetria has commitments that will sometimes require rescheduling a lesson. If Demetria cancels a lesson, I will notify student or parent as soon as possible. We can reschedule a missed lesson. Student/parent will be refunded if instructor cancels more lessons than can be made up.
- Snow days – We now can have lessons via Zoom